It's Thanksgiving time! So Don Gingold and Jim Nagy of Sprocket Websites, co-founders of our user group, reflect on what they're thankful for.
1. In Chicago, it just now getting cold - we had our first frost the other night. That's why Don appears to be standing in a jungle; Kate brought all the outside plants in! But the weather's been cooperative so Don's thankful for that.
2. Jim's thankful for the warm weather in California where he's been for a number of years now. And for DNN.
3. We're thankful for our customers, especially those who have both Marketing and IT departments that talk to one another. DNN is a great tool to bridge the gap - a solid technical foundation to create beautiful marketing messages.
4. We're thankful for the technology. .NET, Microsoft servers and the whole production stack, that makes communication possible, simple and powerful.
5. We're thankful for clients who focus on their business and send their website updates for us to do. We not only build DNN sites, we like working in them every day!
6. We're thankful for Social Media. Yes we are! It keeps us connected to family and friends and keeps our clients connected with their prospects and customers.
7. Finally, we're thankful for the whole DNN community. We collaborate with fellow DNN developers, use products and services from module developers and skin designers, and engage in great discussions with them at conferences.
One such conference coming up is DNN Summit, mid January in Denver. (yes, a little cold for a conference but you have the mountains so you can conference and then go skiiing!)
Unfortunately, Sprocket won't be at DNN Summit this January due to scheduling conflicts but our hats are off to the folks who picked up the torch and ran with it. It's the user community that keeps us all going and is responsible for our livelihoods, so a big thank you for that!
Tell us what you're thankful for. Use #DNNthanks on your videos and posts and tweets so we can all hear from you.